January 17, 2017

Sew: Papercut Patterns Sway Dress in Red Linen


 

Probably not the most flattering of dresses but I'm not fussed. Today is going to be a scorcher here in Melbourne and I'm also flying to Brisbane which is a whole different kind of hot. My temporary childless days are over, as I'm going to get the boys from "Club Grandparents" and to see my family (very briefly).

This red linen sway dress was conceived after the success of my (yet to be blogged) Frocktails dress. Although, it's not as successful. I'm not sure what happened but the neckline has warped, possibly due to stretching. I failed to stay stitch or stay tape the neckline as I didn't need to with the first. I also have trouble keeping the straps on my shoulders so I have safety pins in there. So a bit of a doozy but you can't win all the time.

This was my Christmas day dress. It was great for sitting on the floor unwrapping presents, eating copious amounts of ham and just general lounging around. And it went perfectly with my Christmas light earrings.

Project Details
Pattern: Sway Dress by Papercut Patterns
Fabric: Red linen from The Fabric Store
Alterations: Removed some fullness to accommodate narrower fabric, lengthened by 10cm, used v-neck for front and back.
See Also: Lladybird | Noble & Daughter | Idle Fancy | Thornberry

And because I'm a sucker for punishment, I will probably sew this again and hope for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat